1) Name the person who tagged you
2) 8 things about you
3) Tag 6 people.
Croila has done gone and tagged me!
1) I hate Dishonesty. More than anything else in the world. I can't stand being lied to. Even if what I hear isn't what I "want" or would "like" to hear, I'd rather have the truth than being bullshitted. My ex lied a lot. He seemed to think it was OK.
2) I love dark chocolate candies and turtle blizzards. For Croila's sake, because I don't know if they have Dairy Queen's in Scotland - a turtle blizzard is soft-serve vanilla ice cream with bits of chocolate and caramel and pecans chopped and mixed-in with a blender. This diabetes thing takes away a LOT of the fun in life...
3) My mother was never pregnant. *grin* I'll let you chew on that one for a while.
4) I always thought I wasn't at all creative or artistic in school. I can't draw my way out of a paper sack, my "artistic eye" is just not translating into my fingers. Anything I draw looks somewhat "cartoonish" not unlike many of the medieval book illustrations. I was wrong. My talent just lies elsewhere. I have discovered that with a bit of inspiration, I can put together quilt tops that are exceptionally bright and attractive - not exactly "work of art" - but creative and fulfilling.
5) I'm a fair lousy housekeeper. I wish I was more of an anal-retentive clean freak, but I just am not. I'm thinking of looking into hiring someone to come do some of the heavy cleaning once a month. I think it would be a good thing for me.
6) I would love to write a book. I like to mess around with words and short stories. I belong to a small "writer's group" that tries to keep ourselves doing SOME writing every week. Thus far my efforts have been entirely unimpressive.
7) If I could live anywhere I wanted, I think I'd live in Tennessee or Georgia. In fact, that's probably where I'll move if/when I retire. Much as I am a Chicago person, and as much as I despise the "bible belt" part of the south, I think living below the Mason/Dixon line would be wonderful, and I don't like Florida weather much. I want a LITTLE bit of nip in the air at Yule, just not mountains of snow and sleet and ice and -20 F windchill. (And I LOVE the way the guys talk down there...)
8) I have a bizarre fixation with the color blue. I cannot pass up dishes or household items that are nice dark cobalt-y blue. Had a roommate once who felt it was his responsibility to keep me away from buying any more blue kitchen items. He was probably right, but it was obnoxious.
Ok, so now I tag:
Trauma Queen Kal
NoLimits (aka LIMITED - get your blog going!!!)
Patricia from Morning Martini
C'mon gang - I did it - you can toooooooooooo!