Traditionally a time to reflect on all of our blessings and give thanks to the Deity of our choice for all his/her/their largesse.
For the following, I am truly grateful:
1) Amanda. Without qualification, the most wonderful, challenging, fantastic, beautiful, aggravating and delightful person and experience in my life. We do not always see things the same - but my life wouldn't have been as full, and I'd have missed out on so much without her. I'm so proud of her, she's become such a fine woman.
2) Having the ability to associate a number with an object or action. In my job, it is a major asset. "$875.05? That's the line-of-credit interest payment" - for instance.
3) My fellow Americans who finally got their collective heads out of their collective asses and told the GOP where to shove it sideways.
4) Polyester low-loft fiber batting.
5) My Neon. 35+ MPG on the interstates, and damn reliable. Built sorta kinda near my house too. I hope Chrysler doesn't have to go out of business.
6) The fact that there are only FIFTY FOUR more days....