Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Controlled Demolition

I've decided to move some things around in my livingroom. Furniture things. A few years ago, my then-next-door-neighbor, Ray, found me this very nice bookshelf unit at a garage sale for $2. It needs a bit of paint touch-up, but I have white spray paint, and the unit is white, and so that is all good.

The thing sat in my garage for a couple years, as I wasn't sure where I wanted to put it, although I was sure I wanted it, as I tend to outgrow my bookshelves with fair regularity.

I finally have decided on the perfect spot for it, and now I just needed to move a few things and re-position some cords (and replace the too-short phone cord, see January 31 ) and then I'd be all set to vacuum and paint the shelf and move it to it's new house.

The thing is, the few things I needed to move necessitated moving yet a few more things, and then a few more things and... well... end result is that I've got a completely fardleschnockered© livingroom disaster area - and no way to get the bookshelf to its new home through the chaos.

I am thinking this is going to be a much harder thing than it should have been.

328 days

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger BBC said…

    Getting things out of my shop area is often a major undertaking also.

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said…

    Now that we're actually "home" for a while (Dear God, please let her get tenure!!), we recently had the bookcase fight. Three of them followed us here from the old house; damn if she didn't come home one day to announce another was to be delivered!! I set my foot down and said "no way in hwll!!"

    So after the bookcase was delivered, I discovered the joy of those slippey slidie thingies (tm) to put under stuff, that you see on TV. They actually WORK!

    The bookcase still isn't where I originally said to put it, but at least it moves much easier now.:)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Sewmouse said…

    The big question is, Dan'l - is it anatomically POSSIBLE to put a bookcase where you originally said to put it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home