Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Monday, January 28, 2008

Another Cold Day in Paradise

I type this at lunch at work. The home computer is doing strange things with the internets.

For instance - my Vonage VOIP works fine - except when I call my Dad, when it cuts in and out. Dad swears it is NOT his hearing aid. My blog lets me log in from work, but only about 1/2 the time from home.

My IM programs only stay "on" for minutes - sometimes seconds - at a time. Then they make me go "offline" - even though the modem looks fine and I can still look at webpages and blogs and stuff.

I am thinking this may be a "drivers" or compatibility issue (I haven't upgraded the IM software for years...) - but the last 2 weeks I've been too sick to deal with it - upper respiratory infection, laryngitis and the cough that rocked so much it's a good thing I wasn't near the San Andreas Fault or they'd have to make a new 49 state flag.

It's been cold and miserable, cold and clear, cold and snowy - and cold and cold.

I swear my local Starbucks has decided to take a page from the "Office Space"/T.G.I. Friday's handbook. The baristas are wearing lots of little "bling bling" pins and stickers on their aprons - and the guy at the drivethru window treats me with the kind of familiarity you'd expect from a guy who thinks he's trying to get laid...

All I want is my fucking coffee, please - and a blueberry scone.

Bah.

Went to Jewel Foods to pick up a few odd items - NO MORE!! They have TELEVISION at the checkouts now.... EUUUGGGHHHHHHHH.


357 days

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger BBC said…

    Not to cold here, 33 degrees right now, but it did snow 3 inches last night and more is expected. Was a beautiful day though.

    I don't IM anymore. Don't have time for that and don't like the disruptions when I'm surfing.

    Have never bought anything from Starbucks. I can make great coffee for a quarter.

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous visionary said…

    Use Trillian

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said…

    ....Voip?

    I doubt mine works either. Whatever it is.

    Technologically inept. That's me.

    Oi Visionary! That's 'Hitchhikers' stuff. Trillian went out with Zaphod Beeblebrox and....

    ....I'm pissed

    soz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home