Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Television

The "Simpsons" is going into its 18th season this year, and challenging "Gunsmoke's" record as longest-running program. Rather amazing, really. A cartoon.

According to Nielsen, Americans are now watching less TV. Or watching it different ways than previously - by recording programs and watching later, or by streaming them on "pods" or other ways. The networks seem convinced that they are still being watched, just differently.

Newsflash to the networks: This mouse stopped watching television except for a RARE sports event or news program. Oh, and I will watch the "Nutcracker" on PBS every Xmas time.

Quite simply - I have no use for a monitor without a keyboard. If I can't really "interact" with it, I really can't drum up any enthusiasm for it anymore. I love video games, I like computer games, I enjoy watching movies (I knit or quilt at the same time), but I have no patience any more for the predigested crap that passes for "Entertainment" on television, and the "news" on TV is abysmally lacking. I don't get cable TV because I can't see the point of paying 50+ bucks a month for something I'd never watch. Same reason for not getting newspaper delivery - why pay for the privilege of recycling something? It's not like I have a birdcage that needs lining or anything.

Yes, the Big Bad Evil Internet has eaten my TV's space in my heart. All my TV time are belong to the Internet. *chuckle*

614 days

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger BBC said…

    You know

    I never had a TV around much when I was raising a family

    I have never been on cable or anything like that

    I own about five of them now, don't know why, they just showed up, I seldom use one except to watch movies

    I think I have seen less than six of the Simpson's shows.

    When Marie and I was together we watched TV many evenings, things that we enjoyed seeing together

    Well, at least we where enjoying something together

    I liked home improvement with Tim Allen

    And Cheers was funny

    The last TV I watched other than going to Beer Church to watch a race was Becker, that cranky fart reminds me of me.

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home