Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Twisting in the Winds of Fate

A friend is coming to visit later this month. All the way from Rio de Janiero, Brazil. I'm so excited. Even if it does mean I need to do some serious housecleaning and minor repairs.

But then - maybe if he wasn't, I wouldn't do it - so fate hands me a great excuse!

I'm still having fits with this whole blood-sugar thing. How the bloody fardleschnocker can my farking blood sugar go UP - when I didn't eat any dinner last night because I fell asleep?

Nothing but water. No "new" additions to make blood sugar go up. Farking body.

It's dreary and rainy. And somebody stole my peony bush! I still can't get over that. It never had even flowered yet. It seems that the little thorny thistles are gone too. I wonder if the mexican landscapers stole it? JESUS???? Where is my Peony????

I found out what the little yellow flower thingys are. Coreopsis. "Tick seed". It sounds ghastly, but it's really rather pretty. I talked to the guy at the nursery and he said that they will spread a lot if I squish the seed pods and just drop the seeds on the ground. We'll see.

I think I may put some of them out in the front of the house too. They're just so darn cheerful and YELLOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home