Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The cold... it hurts

I hope my lime tree will be ok.
I want it near the window, but the windows are a bit leaky and I don't want it to die from cold. Citrus trees do, you know.

I am not about to set off a smudge pot in my livingroom, however.

I'm thinking about maybe bringing it upstairs for a few days until Canada gets my letter about their excessive gift. It's a few degrees warmer up here than down in the front - and might do well for the poor lil' thing.

5 days

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger The Preacherman said…

    what's a smudge pot?

    I love cactii but they always shuffle off on me.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Dr. Know said…

    A smudge pot is a fuel oil fired burner used to keep citrus fields warm in case of low temperatures - as in the Florida orange crops.

    Yes, they heat the outdoors...

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger The Preacherman said…

    ta Doc. I'll sleep easy now...;-)

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said…

    I have a cactus in my kitchen..seems to be surviving...so far...

    so cold..
    wow..

    Zero...Neg 13 with wind..
    so WHO sent this to us ?
    Canada ?
    Alaska ???

    Omg...

    Hell...

    take care over there ..
    stay warm....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home