Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Holiday in the U.S.

Traditionally a time to reflect on all of our blessings and give thanks to the Deity of our choice for all his/her/their largesse.

For the following, I am truly grateful:

1) Amanda. Without qualification, the most wonderful, challenging, fantastic, beautiful, aggravating and delightful person and experience in my life. We do not always see things the same - but my life wouldn't have been as full, and I'd have missed out on so much without her. I'm so proud of her, she's become such a fine woman.

2) Having the ability to associate a number with an object or action. In my job, it is a major asset. "$875.05? That's the line-of-credit interest payment" - for instance.

3) My fellow Americans who finally got their collective heads out of their collective asses and told the GOP where to shove it sideways.

4) Polyester low-loft fiber batting.

5) My Neon. 35+ MPG on the interstates, and damn reliable. Built sorta kinda near my house too. I hope Chrysler doesn't have to go out of business.

6) The fact that there are only FIFTY FOUR more days....

54 days

3 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger The Manic Street Preacher said…

    Happy Thanksgiving Mousey x

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Croila said…

    Yes, Happy Thanksgiving Sewmouse! Point number one was lovely :-D

    I don't get point number two AT ALL though. Me being numerically challenged and all. Methinks you are a very strange lady!

    heh heh!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger rauf said…

    Thanks number one is sweet
    thanks number two is heavy and blunt doesn't penetrate my coconut.
    Thanks number 3 is valid but i still can't forgive the Americans for re electing your dear friend who has only 51 days in office according to your coundown clock.
    I am blinking onthanks number 4 and 5
    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Sew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home