Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vanilla & Book Review & Mini Political/Religious Rant

Vanilla/Caramel tea is weird.

It's not icky - in fact it's somewhat tasty. Somewhat, because you smell the vanilla, but all you taste is tea. I imagine that if I took tea with milk and sugar and stuff it would be far different, but I am a tea purist - nothing but what is already in the teabag goes into my hot water drink!

I do love vanilla, however. Which is strange. I remember as a young child going to Shirl's Drive-In (now gone - sigh) with Mom and Dad, and getting a CHOCOLATE milk shake. Dad would get vanilla. I started in on my career of chocoholism very early in life. Now, however, if I succumb to the evils of milkshakey goodness (not often - too sweet!) I am as likely to go for vanilla as I am chocolate. Strawberry, however, still makes me gag and wanna puke.

I have vanilla air fresheners, vanilla body wash, (because they don't make a really nice spicy jasmine anymore) and vanilla coffee. I suppose it is just a short skip from vanilla coffee to vanilla tea - but it is weird.

Been having grapes fits lately. Finally broke down and bought a clump when at the market the other day. I suppose I'll get through this clump and then not want any again for a few months.

I don't know if it is fair to review a book before you finish reading it, but this one has me wanting to do just that - perhaps I will give it "further review" after I've finished, but right now that doesn't seem likely.

I'm reading this strange book - "Labyrinth" by Kate Mosse. Says it is a "NY Times Bestseller" - FWIW. Frankly, it is annoying me. It is one of those 2-storys-intertwined back-and-forth books, where just when it becomes interesting in one storyline, the author stops and inserts several chapters of the alternate storyline. Right about now I'd like to find Kate Mosse and strangle her with her own paperback novel. Grrrrrr. I like both stories, but this whole build to a climax then switch tracks - 'Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch' shit parlor trick is getting old. Cut to the chase, Wench!!!!

Ok, fortunately I read a number of other blogs, because I'd hate to think that I was the ONLY PERSON IN THE US of A that thinks that this entire Rev. Jeremiah Wright thing is the biggest mountain anyone has EVER been able to make out of a molehill and should be in the Guinness Book of World Records as such.

It occurs to me that:
A) Reverend Wright has the right to his own opinion, no matter how Wrong, and
B) Senator Obama really has no control over the opinions of anyone other than *drumroll* Senator Obama, and
C) Reverend Wright isn't up for election.

Hate to have to say this, HillBots and Repukelicans - but there have been PLENTY of things that Pastors/Ministers/Priests/Saul of Tarsus have said that I vehemently disagree with - but that doesn't mean I would automatically condemn them to hell - except for Saul of Tarsus.

Not wearing a flag pin today either. So there.

264 days

3 comments:

Amanda said...

FYI - Bath and Body Works has a body wash, lotion and all that jazz in the scent of Jasmine and Vanilla, it smells awesome, you'd love it.
Also, house is mine mine mine now moved in a week and a half ago, all is well except for a minor plumbing issue which will be resolved this weekend.

Catmoves said...

Hi Sew, guess I'm a purist too. I'd like my tea tio taste like tea. No perfume, no nothin' in it.
As for the Barracks thing, we still have lots and lots of bigots in this country who are frantically running around, pointing their fingers and yelling SEE! SEE! at the top of their lungs. And so it goes.

enigma4ever said...

oh this was a great post...made me laugh so hard...thank you...