Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I grew up near Addison, Illinois - a small town out in the rural area, but with a nifty little amusement park - now long gone - Adventureland

They have since widened the cross-street, built a "berm" in the former parking-lot and turned the area into a business park. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go wandering around in the remaining wooded area there - would I find old "Skee-ball" tokens? Perhaps a cheap metal ring with a plastic "stone"? I wonder if anything remains of the amusement park that once was?

I drive past it every day on the way in to work. Such memories. *smile*

In the spirit of "The Season" - whichever "Season" you choose to celebrate - here are a couple links. First the lyrics to "Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear" - sung to the tune of "Winter Wonderland" - couldn't find a YouTube version that I liked.

Then this video of a song that Kal Trauma Queen once sent me back in the days when we hung out in Harry's Bar. Ho Ho... EVERYBODY sing!!!

398 days

No comments: