Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dog Ears in the Wind

I see the most amusing things on my way to and from work every day.

Today the first thing was an SUV with a Dog Accessory hanging out the rear window. Not entirely certain what flavor of dog it was - IANTAKC - but it looked vaguely like an anorexic Labrador with unusually long floppy ears.

Unlike the dogs I grew up with who used to stick just their snouts, or their noses, or on rare occasions their whole head out the window, this canine critter had his whole neck and shoulders out as well. And he was LOVING it. The wind would turn his ears inside out and he'd wiggle around until they flopped down, then the wind would do it again. Happy pooch on a joyride.

Before someone makes a big deal about him being loose in the car - he wasn't really. He had a leash that kept him from jumping out - and I do think he would have jumped out given a chance. I know that it probably wasn't safe and all for him to be doing it, but the look of sheer joy on his face was priceless, and maybe we've legislated and "safetyed" our way out of a lot of joy in our lives.

About 2 miles further along I saw what has to be the stupidest vehicle I've seen since Lombard stopped painting everything lilac. A pink Hummvee. And not just a tasteful deep rose... oh no...

1970's Dennys Retro Vinyl Seat Cushion Pink. LOUD pink. IN YOUR FACE, THIS IS REALLY PINK, PINK.

I lol'ed. Somehow I could see Jaghdwulfe driving it... (now Lea will LOL)

475 days

9 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Dennys Retro vinyl pink....oh my what a great description....and I loved hearing about the dog...a dog like that would make anyone happy....thanks

BBC said...

As I recall, I read years ago that it is hard on a dogs eyes to enjoy the wind at high speeds. I do know that over 20 miles an hour on my scooter is hard on my eyes unless I'm wearing goggles or a face shield.

I'm not a fast animal, my eyes are not made for speed without protection, and I'm not sure a dogs eyes are either.

Our eyes are made for the speeds we are designed to do. Interesting. Put goggles on the dogs I guess. It's not like they are smart enough to think of that, they will just beat their eyes up.

BBC said...

A pink Hummvee must belong to a very sick woman. She and I would get along for exactly no seconds.

Not even if she was great looking and had great tits.

Well, I might screw her, but with my hand. But I sure as hell wouldn't want anything to do with her mind. :-)

Leandra said...

*grin* Jagdhwulfe and a candy pink Hummer. Now there is a picture for you.

rauf said...

hahaha anorexic labrador ?? not an expert in dogs, don't know anything.
Did you check if Britney spears was sitting in the pink humvee ?
i have seen those in the movies but never a pink one. its ok if it is pink Sewmouse. i can understand paying dearly for comforts, but i don't understand these humvees, how much do they cost ? What if they can climb upto the fourth floor, one can always use the elevator.

i remember joan cusak telling Melanie griffith in some movie
what ? 6000 dollars for a dress ??and it is not even leather.

rauf said...

This man in a Ford Granada pulls up next to a guy in a Rolls Royce at a stop sign. Their windows are open and he yells at the guy in the Rolls: "Hey, you got a telephone in there?"

The guy in the Rolls says, "Yes, of course I do."

"I got one too... see?"

"Uh, huh, yes, that's very nice."

Then the man in the Granada says, "You got a fax machine?"

"Why, actually, yes, I do."

"I do too! See? It's right here!"

"Uh-huh."

The light is just about to turn green and the guy in the Granada says, "So, do YOU have a double bed in back there?"

And the guy in the Rolls says, "No! Do you?"

"Yep, got my double bed right in back here - see?!"

The light turns and the man in the Granada takes off.

Well, the guy in the Rolls is not about to be one-upped, so he goes immediately to a customizing shop and orders them to put a double bed in back of his car.

About two weeks later, the job is finally done and he picks up his car and drives all over town looking for the Granada. He finally finds it parked alongside the road so he pulls his Rolls up next to it.

The windows on the Granada are all fogged up and he feels a little awkward about it, but he gets out of his newly modified Rolls and taps on the foggy window of the Granada.

The man in the Granada finally opens the window a crack and peeks out.

The guy in the Rolls says, "Hey. Remember me?"

"Yeah, yeah, I remember you. What's up?"

"Check this out - I got a double bed installed in my Rolls."

And the man in the Granada says, "You got me out of the shower to tell me that?!"

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"maybe we've legislated and "safetyed" our way out of a lot of joy in our lives."
Sometimes, I think, nearly all joy!

"A pink Hummvee. And not just a tasteful deep rose... oh no...
1970's Dennys Retro Vinyl Seat Cushion Pink. LOUD pink. IN YOUR FACE, THIS IS REALLY PINK, PINK.
"

LOL! Chill, girl! Larry Craig has to drive something!:)

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that Mary Kay Cosmetics had out pink cars to their top saleswomen. Maybe it was Mary Kay herself ... oh wait a minute ... she's dead now ... but she probably rode to the graveyard in a pink limo.

The funniest dog-in-car sighting I ever saw was a Great Dane with it's head stuck up through the sun roof of a small car. It looked like the dog was driving the car.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I LOVE pink! I want that Hummvee!!!