Monday, October 01, 2007

Cleaning out the tags: Ketchup

So, folks have been kind enough to think of me and "tag" me with lists of questions to answer and I've been slacking and not doing them because I just really don't want to "tag" anyone else, so here's the deal. I'm gonna post my answers and all, and do everything EXCEPT tag anyone. If you WANT to take these and run with them and answer the questions on your blog - Blog On!! If not - just read what I have here and be a partypooper.

First off, The Magnificent Seven!

I know this has taken forever and a day and a few extra hours, but I've been tagged by John Good from "Left in Aboite" although mine probably should be called "The Mediocre Seven". . .

There were apparently four simple rules--

1. Each player starts with seven random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post with their seven things as well as these rules.

3. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. (I'm NOT gonna do this bit)

4. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog. (See "3" above)

Seven Random Facts About Me

1-The rest of my house can be spotless, but if the carpet or floor is dirty, I cannot relax. The reverse is also true.

2-I haven't watched television other than sports or a rare PBS broadcast for over 15 years.

3-I resided in Colorado for 5 utterly miserable years. Note I do not say "lived".

4-I have an actual full-size Louisville Slugger that I got at "Bat Day" at Wrigley Field.

5-I've seen the Rolling Stones in concert 3 times. "Live" is relative, considering Keith Richards' current condition - I'm sure he was alive at the first 1 in 1974, not too sure the more recent 2. Personally I think he's dead but nobody told him to fall down yet.

6-My high-school class ring is in the cupboard where I keep the large iced-tea/lemonade drinking glasses and the everyday dishes. I have no idea why.

7-My "Best Friend" while growing up was named Carolyn. My current "Best Friend" with whom I am growing old is also named Carolyn. They are not the same woman. There was zero "overlap" - and only about 3 or 4 months between. (For those of you who are my dear friends who are not named "Carolyn", this is not a dig at you - I just spend more time with Carolyn than the rest of y'all. And some of you have graduated from "Friend" to "Sister with a different set of parents" - Sue and Lori most notably.)


Then there was this one from Babzy:

What does blogging mean to me?

Rules of this tag:

1. Name the person, with link, who tagged you.
This bit is easy - it was .... *drum roll* *dramatic pause*...... BABZY!!!!

2. Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions.

Q1. Are you happy/ satisfied with your blog, with its content and look?

The content - yes. It's me. I don't really much give a hoot about what anyone else thinks about it. This is MY spot. If I wanted it to be everybody else's spot, I'd have named it differently. As for the look - well, there are things I'd like to change and add - but I'm not about to spend hours and hours fardling around with it, so I'll just deal with what I've got for now.

Q2. Does your family know about your blog?

Some of them do.

Q3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?

I don't mind if my friends know. There are certain members of my family that I'd rather didn't know, but if they do... *shrug* I kind of like it when my friends "comment" - especially folks like GradeSchoolBud and Visionary - people I've known for years and years, often in far different venues - and who know the "real me" behind the cranky curmudgeon who posts here.

Q4. Do blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?

No. Blogs in and of themselves are neutral entities. I take personal responsibility for my own thoughts, actions and emotions. Sometimes I allow what someone else has written to anger me, which is a bad thing, but in general, I simply sit back and enjoy spending some "quality time" with strangers from around the world without having to actually get on an airplane or deal with the awkwardness of introductions or goodbyes.


Q5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?

I follow links from links from other folks. I love blogs with posted blogrolls.

Q6. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?

Bah. Just a little something to look at. Frankly, I don't give a rat's if anyone bothers to read or not.

Q7. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?

I know what several of my fellow bloggers look like in Real. Sometimes I'll get a mental image of someone based on their content - but usually I wait for them to post a piccy.

Q8. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?

Yes, but I don't flatter myself by thinking I know what the specific benefit is for any given person. I don't believe this is a "one size fits all" activity, and I don't think that anyone can say without a doubt that they have the answer for everyone who blogs.

Q9. Do you think that bloggers’ society is isolated from the real world or interacts with events?

I think this is a fairly stupid question. I think it was written by someone who didn't really KNOW about the diverse nature of the blogosphere. To lump someplace like "Crooks and Liars" or "Firedoglake" in the same grouping with somewhere like "Bloggin' Babzy" or "I am livid" is ludicrous. Lumping all blogs into one bundle is the same as lumping all the books in a library into one category "Book".

Stupid question.

Q10. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?

Depends on the critic. I will give far more credence to someone like Visionary or Leandra who posts a critical comment than I ever will to someone like Mike the Drunk or "Vincio" the moron.


11. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?

I don't fear political blogs. This is another stupid question. I avoid some, not out of fear, but because the bloggers are such obvious retards that their blogs lower the average intelligence of the blogging public simply by their very existance. I would say a MUCH more accurate verb would be "loathe" - which I do a large number of blogs, but "religious" ones far more often than political ones.

Q12. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

Nope. News to me. Provide a link or STFU, noob.

Q13. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?

Not until I got this question. Frankly, I hope that it stays available "forever" - I like the idea of future generations NOT being bound by the religious bullshit leanings of the archaeological community being able to see for themselves that we are NOT all drones who placidly drink the koolade and eat the cookies and do whatever the "priests" say.

Q14. What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to, in your blog?

I think blogs with imbeded music are lame. I wouldn't ever inflict my eclectic preferences on the rest of the world.

3. Tag people.

No.

And finally, there is this one from Croila:


Do you promote your blog?

Only in the sense that it is "promoted" by my putting the URL into the clickable portion of my nick when commenting on other people's blogs. Sometimes I don't even do that.

How often do you check hits?

Once a month or so maybe if I feel like it.

Do you stick to one topic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.

Who knows that you have a blog?

Some friends, one family member (that I know of for certain), a couple of co-workers, some long-time internet pals - and everyone who is reading this.

How many blogs do you read?

Not a clue.

Are you a fast reader?

Oh hell yes.


Do you customise your blog or do anything technical?

Just an ickle lil' bit.


Do you blog anonymously?

Sorta. Not really. Kinda. Like - you won't find my RL name, address and phone in here, but if you already know all that then I'm probably not impossible to find.

To what extent do you censor yourself?

I try to keep things clean enough so Babzy won't yell at me. I often fail.

The best thing about blogging?

Being the Admin with the option to delete any comments that piss me off.

476 days

3 comments:

BBC said...

"What does blogging mean to me? Rules of this tag:"

There are no rules in blogging, other than those that you make and restrict yourself to.

You watch what you say because of Babzy? Why? Is she your mommy? The same words are in her mind, she just won't say them is all.

Be true to yourself, not Babzy or anyone else. :-)

John Good said...

Hi, Sew! =) Sorry for being so busy as of late - but here I am. . ."F" da mouse. . .I came home with cash in pocket! (grin)

Anonymous said...

Oh Good Lord. I would never, ever, yell at you Sew. In fact, I kind of like some of those words now and say them as often as possible.

Some of the daintiest church ladies I know can sure fling those fuddle-duddles around. I still cringe at the C-word, though, and don't use it but the F-word? What the fuck. It doesn't bother me at all.

You know I didn't make those questions up, don't you? I think someone from India did them. Who knows?

You haven't watched TV in 15 years!? Holy shit that's truly amazing.