Sunday, January 07, 2007

Taking vacations is bad.

Ever since they semi-downsized the accounting dept. (We now have 1 1/2 peoples instead of 2), I've been a little more busy at work, usually it's not an issue, but this last week was an exceptionally busy one.

End of the year, end of the end of the fiscal year audit, end of the month, end of the quarter, end of my patience - and all this in a 4-day week after a 10 day hiatus.

I spent the last 3 days of this week coming in early and had I not been kicked out early on Friday - leaving late.

Add to this a toothache and one of the cats is apparently feeling poorly, the constant stress of the Evil Bush Regime that has overtaken my country and I've just about hit my emotional limit. And I'm not supposed to drink to excess while taking Metformin. Phlllhhhhbbhhhttt

Had another argument with Leandra about Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy of movies - I contend that he irrationally expanded the part of "Arwen", either to satisfy the Hollywood studios insistance on "formula" movies with a Hero, a Love Interest, &etc - or because Liv Tyler was using those seriously collegen-enhanced lips for him for something other than simpering at the camera. IMNSHO there is, at least, 3 or 4 hours too much Arwen in that trilogy. ESPECIALLY in the theatrical release version.

Leandra contends she's only on-screen for at most 20 minutes in the whole 3 movies...

BAH.


So anyhow - sorry to miss a day in the count-down, but I just wasn't into blogging yesterday.

743 days.

4 comments:

Peacechick Mary said...

Feel better soon and call the dentist! Rest, dear Sew.

Anonymous said...

I won't be watching any "Lord of the Rings" trilogy of movies, that is all junk to me. Besides, Leandra just likes to argue with you don't she? LOL

It's too bad you have to take Metformin, booze is better for a person. I don't take any meds, guess I've just been lucky.

Ora Gell paste is a great toothache med, not the liquid though. Like Mary said, call a dentist. I hope it is better soon.

pissed off patricia said...

Mr Pop is going through the same end of the year hell. Everything seems to come due at once and it's driving him bananas.

A tooth ache is the worst. As much as I fear and hate dentists, they're the only ones who can help at a time like this. Bite the bullet (no pun intended) and get thy self to his or her office as soon as you can.

Anonymous said...

he definitely 'fleshed' out her character a bit- but hey- apparently, she's hot. i know what you mean about everything coming in to roost at the same time. i don't know if i will ever feel free to enjoy life again. it seems wrong somehow when there are people dying at our expense and endless corruption going unchecked in our own country. ignore arwen- and just enjoy some good old fashioned butt whoopin'!!!