Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tired of being treated like a child?


This guy says it so much better than I, but it is so true.

America used to be all about a country of brave, risk-taking, independent thinking, self-sufficient people. When the hell did we become a nation of helpless children who need Daddy Government to tell us what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and spank our hands if we don't toe the line?

Being a "Grownup" used to mean that you took responsibility for your own actions - that you made decisions based on your own best judgement and then accepted the consequences. "Well, that's what I get for doing that!" used to be the norm, not "Well, It's the Ladder Mfg. Co.'s fault for my falling off while balanced on one foot on the top rung!"

I don't WANT Homeland Security. I want a government that provides basic services like interstate highways and a bit of regulatory oversight to keep things running smoothly - and then to butt the hell out of our lives.

I'm not a terrorist, I resent being treated like a criminal if I want to fly to Florida to see my Dad (I'm currently boycotting ALL airlines except for dire emergency with Dad until the TSA is disbanded or castrated).

I mean, FFS - I wear BALLET FLATS most of the time. Where the hell am I going to hide a bomb in THOSE, I ask you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many early airplane pioneers realized that they had created monsters that would be changing the world forever, in ugly ways.

They wasn't thinking pollution back then but all those planes pollute a whole lot for what little they pack around.

And there is always the worry one will fall out of the sky, on you!!

And just look at the hell war planes do all over the planet.

Ban all planes. Oh, well that won't work will it? But in protest I will never get in one again.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least I don't have to go through checks to go shopping in local stores.

Hell, I could walk into one with a bomb and no one would even notice. Okay, now I'm not going shopping anymore. LOL

Peacechick Mary said...

I don't like to fly at all anymore. I feel like dehumanized thing, like part of a herd of cattle or sheep. Hope Dad is doing well down here and you can avoid the planes for a long time.