Saturday, December 30, 2006

I don't know

I don't know how I feel this morning after hearing the news that they executed Saddam Hussein over in Iraq last nite.

I'm not surprised or anything - other than a certain mild surprise because there wasn't the big "build up" that we have over here before an execution. That man was never going to get a fair trial, and there was never any doubt in my mind that the people from an area where "an eye for an eyelash and all your teeth for a small cavity" is the norm. Those people put him through that whole kangaroo court with no intention of EVER coming back with any verdict other than "Hang him".

But he was a very very bad, bad, monkey man. Brought down from power by another very very bad, bad, monkey man.

My feelings are kind of numb on this matter.

751 days

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that surprised me is how fast they got it done. If only we could string Mr. Bush that easily. Then we would have two less monkeys here.

I don't believe in killing humans, but monkeys? Why not, and keep killing them until they are gone or start wising up and evolving.

pissed off patricia said...

The news of the hanging sort of over shadows President Ford's funeral. Seems they rushed this thing along for some reason.

Yeah, I feel sort of, I don't know, sort of disgusted at the gruesome way this is being shown on tv. I don't want to see pictures of a man who is about to be killed. I detest capital punishment.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I felt suprisingly strong revulsion over this Roman circus act. The mentality of the people in and around the Middle East is not usually my idea of the enlightened societies but we know that it wasn't their show alone. The Bush Administratio's hand was of course deep in the butthole of the Iraqi kangaroo court. That very fact, I suppose, made me feel even worse. So much political theatre, so many dead actors!

Anonymous said...

Before Bush decided to take Saddam down, we spent a decade building him up. That makes this execution a grisly exclamation point on our Middle East bungling.