Saturday, October 28, 2006

The way back home

.
Well, my visit with Dad down in Florida was good, and I enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunate it had to be so short. Although since Dad and I have rather serious political differences, it probably was a good idea not to have too much time to dwell on that.

Drove up to Atlanta yesterday - my back went out at Dad's and it was pretty rough sleeping the night before, but I made it to GradeSchoolBud's *house* without too much trouble. Georgia road construction isn't too bad, and the weather wasn't too bad either. THe heavy rain held off until I actually found their *house*.

*House*, because it's really a farking MANSION - at least to someone who lives in a tiny 2-bedroom condo like me. 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, gorgeous piece of property - lovely wide staircase to the upstairs... it's just lovely. Amazing and huge and very pretty. I'm happy for her.

We went to go see her mom - which was very nice. GradeSchoolBud tells me that she reads my blog to her Mom. So I have to be good..... *laughing*

So this morning, I'm drinking some hazelnut flavored coffee, and waiting for the handfull of OTC analgesics to kick in so I can climb back upstairs and take a hot shower and change clothes.

Dinner last nite was unbelievable - Fetuccini Alfredo with shrimp and scallops and then a LOT of wine and a bit of death-by-chocolate cake...
My bloodsugar is insane (Go away, Dr. Nick...)

I don't know if I'll make it home tonite or not. I may end up in a motel in Indiana, depending on how the back and the trip go. It's been raining a lot here in Georgia, and I may meet a net-friend on the way home too, so that could delay things a bit.

Either way, it's been a nice vacation from work, and I feel less stressed out, so that's all good. I've reconnected with some people I dearly love - and hopefully will be able to stay connected now.

In fact, I'm using GSB's Wifi to post this this morning - I guess that really counts as "connected"

*grin*
Be well, all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling less stressed out? Fantastic! Glad your trip was so interesting - seems like it's done you good?

Sewmouse said...

It did, you know.
Suddenly the stuff that seemed insurmountable seems less so.

I've gotten done in one morning at work what was taking me 3 days before.

Driving 2400 miles (roughly) within a 9-day period can really do that to you. You feel kind of like "Superwoman!!"

And tired ... very, very tired.

LOL