Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Checking into Vegie

My natural inclination is to be an omnivore. I LIKE the taste of meat, I ADORE cheese, and I'm fond of things like yogurt, eggs, etc.

Unfortunately of late I've been feeling less and less well after indulging, sometimes even after only mild indulgences - and I'm beginning to think maybe I need to consider meat/dairy to be a "treat" and to change my intake to primarily vegetarian. As a start, I've begun to cruise the Vege/Vegan areas of the supermarkets.

Today I found a couple things that tweaked my interest. One of them is a soy-based cheese substitue. I bought a package of the "cheddar" flavor, and have tried one slice - it's not bad. It really DOES taste just like cheese. I suspect I could easily substitute this and not miss the "real thing" too terribly. I think this will be my first change. (Oh, yes, I checked the label - no GMO ingredients.)

I know this will be more expensive - but I'm going to work at learning what I can and cannot tolerate, and what I can/cannot afford in replacement foods.

134 of 625

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Four Dinners said…

    You can go as 'veggie' as you want as long as you leave Brussel Sprouts out of it.

    So there....;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home