Thursday, April 23, 2009

Singing the Pumpkin Toy Song

Mrraaoooooowwww
Mrrrgarglewooooooowwwwwww

Kili has a toy. It is a pumpkin toy. The pumpkin toy is, naturally, orange and it is also about 3" diameter, with black arms and legs and the most gruesome expression on its little pumpkin face.

Kili brings the pumpkin toy upstairs and sits it right in the walkway path by the stairs. I kick it down. She brings it up. It's like playing "fetch" with a dog, but only on HER terms, when SHE wants to play. Cat Fetch, if you will.

Usually I sleep with a fan running in my bedroom. Even in the dead of winter. Why? Well, I live rather close to the end of an expressway, and the noise from the traffic keeps me awake sometimes (not to mention the noise from the neighbors), and the fan acts as "white noise" and covers up the others.

Last nite I decided to try and go without the fan - partly to see if I had become accustomed to the noises (after 17 years...) but also partly because the birds wake me up in the morning and it is kind of pleasant.

3 am. 3 fucking am. Kili decides it is time to play Pumpkin Toy. She brings it upstairs. Apparently my lack of enthusiasm for the game (I'm SLEEPING, you stupid cat!) requires that she let me know the pumpkin toy is upstairs and ready to be kicked...

Merooooowwwwwwww

I ignore it. I roll over. I put the pillow on my head.


Mrraaoooooowwww
Mrrrgarglewooooooowwwwwww
Mrraaoooooowwww
Mrrrgarglewooooooowwwwwww
Merooooowwwwwwww
Mrraaoooooowwww
Mrrrgarglewooooooowwwwwww
Mrraaoooooowwww
Mrrrgarglewooooooowwwwwww
Merooooowwwwwwww
MRRRGARGLEWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

I turn on the fan.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Ann Tamimi said...

stories like this make me not miss indoor cats. We have the town strays at are backdoor right now and that is where they will stay thanks to Leyna's allergies.