Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Untitled

I tried really hard to think of a title for this post, but words failed me.

What is the very LAST thing you would ever expect to do first thing in the morning at work if you were an accountant. Besides installing an elevator in a single-storey building, of course...

Call the bank? Bah, that's S.O.P.
E-mail the bank and bitch about problems with some banking issues from Dec. 23? BORING DULL NORMAL.

Have the bank person send you a phone number to call for more help? Normal, normal, normal.

Call the number - and find out it's a phone-sex hotline?

Now THAT is one of those last things you'd expect. At least it was the last thing *I* expected when I called to get some additional assistance with our banking issue. I was - to say the least - surprised. So I checked the number and carefully redialed... and got Suzy Hotpants again.

*ahem*

So I had my boss call - just to make sure I hadn't been hallucinating....
Within seconds he had hung up and was calling the bank. He wasn't so much angry as... disappointed? confused? laughing his ass off without making noise? All of the above? Heh

Sometimes I think I've seen it/heard it/experienced it all. And then I have a day like that.

20 days

No comments: