Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cats!

Mindi and Kili are two old kitty ladies that live with me. Old in kitty years. Over 15 yrs old now. Mindi has some trouble with a hip - I suspect arthritis - she's rather fat and lazy. She is, however, a snugglebunny and manages to get up onto the sofa whenever I sit there and snuggle in the crook of my knee.

Kili, on the other hand, while looking "old and wise" - actually still has the physique of a young cat, thin, muscular - she still plays "string" with an old shoelace, and bats her stuffed-felt mice around and tosses them into the air.

Kili, however, has developed a very strange habit the last few days. I don't understand it.

She has taken to sleeping with her head and shoulders (only) under my "Rubbermaid©" plastic stepstool. It's the oddest thing in the world - rather ostrich-esque.

Cats. Go figure.

379 Days

6 comments:

BBC said...

One thing we will never figure out is cats, they exist in their own reality.

Mine are still young, two come inside most nights. The other three choose to live outside.

Of the two that do come inside one chooses to spend most of it's time on the cat bed I made on top of the wardrobe closet that I made for them.

The other one chooses to get in my lap and bug the hell out of me when I'm trying to type. And she chooses to sleep on the bed with me, but that is okay.

But the one that sleeps on top of the closet has decided that it's okay to come down at about 4 AM and start bopping me on the face with a paw.

What is with that?

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I'm not a cat shrink, so I'm no help. But my youngest decided two days ago, to somehow get up on a shelf a good eight feet off the floor. Once there, she decided the extra crockpot liner was in her way, and proceeded to shove it off the shelf!! This, from a six and one half pound cat.

At 3:30 in the morning, I might add!

rauf said...

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." --Anonymous

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." --Jeff Valdez

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." --English proverb

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." --Ellen Perry Berkeley

"One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemingway

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." --Mary Bly

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." --Joseph Wood Krutch

"People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life." --Faith Resnick

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." --Hippolyte Taine

Anonymous said...

Cats! Cats!
They ate the children
and chased the rats.

Something like that.

Catmoves said...

"Never trust a man who doesn't like cats." - Mark Twain.
Our cats will, when the mood strikes them, sleep comfortably on the hard edges of the plastic rings that hold a scratching pad in them. I'd be groaning agony after two minutes of that.

Anonymous said...

Now this I would love to see a photo of! Is she still doing it?