ACK - TYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Color C should be 1 1/2 yards... not just one yard. Flog me. I have typed badly and feel like crap about it. It isn't the end of the world, but... Bad me. Bad, bad me. I need to proof read these things more than just the once!!!
Mea Culpa - I beg your forgiveness, Mysterious Quilters.
Now, off to work. This weekend is our company picnic. Um. I hope. I actually like our company picnic. Good food, people get to bring their families, fresh air, sunshine, fresh lemonade, bingo with prizes, bees, yellowjackets, ants.... Ah, dining al-fresco in August!
I like that about this place. Well, I like a lot of things about this place. For one, the owners are some of the most HONEST businessmen I've ever encountered. I don't feel as if I should be ashamed of where I work - which I have felt at some previous jobs. I don't feel as if the owners are out to fleece the customers, the vendors or the government/tax folks. They play fair. This is also something not common in business.
Anyway - the bank statement is balanced, the dread credit-card statements are all done, and I just have to push some checks into some envelopes and make a few more journal entries and I'll be in excellent shape for tomorrow. Oh, and I have to type 2 manual checks. Accounting. "As Boring As They Told You It Was."
I had a terrible encounter last night when I got home. I found a bug on the tomato bush. It looked like a Tomato Hornworm - but... it was all covered all over with these little white things that looked like baby maggots. A few of the small white things had fallen to a branch below it as well. *GAG* *PUKE*
I grabbed my trusty rusty garden shears and my trusty rusty spade, and the 2-year-old packet of Sevin. Dusted the living HELL out of the plant, it looks as if it had been through a sandstorm - then cut the leaf off with the disgusting bug, tossed it in the corner, cut off the infected branch below (losing 8 baby tomatoes in the process... grrrrr)and also tossed that in the corner and then poured bleach over the entire mess and followed up with an application of "Round-UP" on top of the bleach.
Fucking bug better be dead. And all his little "friends" too.
*shudder* I couldn't bring myself to do what I USUALLY do to tomato hornworms - cut them off the branch and then smash them with the trusty rusty spade - because I was afraid the maggot things would fly up at me.
Ok, I'm getting a little sick in my mouth again thinking about this. Time to get back to stuffing checks into envelopes.