Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Can you hear me now?

Verizon Wireless sponsors this "musician" (calls itself "AKON"). The girl in the video is only 14 years old.



The Hole - video powered by Metacafe


Now, first amendment applies, I suppose - it is a form of "free speech". However, I also have freedom of speech, and I am going to use mine to let the sponsors of this misogynist crap know that they won't be getting any of my money if this is the sort of thing their company supports. If you don't like the idea of your money supporting this kind of filth, contacting Verizon is simple.

Verizon CommunicationsCorporate Headquarters
140 West Street
New York, NY 10007
Telephone: 800-621-9900

You can email them : or you can
email Lowell McAdam, the CEO of VERIZON WIRELESS.

That takes care of any possiblity of my switching to their service. Ever. I e-mailed Lowell. Can you hear me now, Verizon? UNACCEPTABLE.

Thanks to Jules for this heads-up.

5 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

You don't understand. It's part of our "culture!"
I can hear them now.

We never did like Verizon. Nothing's changed.:)

BBC said...

I never did like phones at all other than when I had a business. If I want to talk to you I want to do it in person being as I'm a people person.

My cell phone is only good for 911 now.

Anonymous said...

Setting aside the obvious sexual connotations, I'm surprised that the singer did hurt her with that little display. Did she volunteer for this cr*p?

pissed off patricia said...

WTF is that? Nope, we don't use that company and I'm proud of that fact after seeing that.

Anonymous said...

"Did she volunteer for this cr*p?"

Nope. He tricked into getting up on stage by telling her she was winning a prize.

And she made a public apology later for bringing humiliation on her family.