Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Monday, July 31, 2006

Heat and Tests

Today is supposed to be horrid again. And tonite - and tomorrow. Tomorrow nite is supposed to be a break.

I know heat. I've lived with it for most of my life. We never had AC as a child until I was well into my 20's - and then only when things became DIRE. I know I can live with just fans, and have done. Honestly, there've only been a few nights of laying drenched in my own sweat and unable to find a cool or dry spot on the bed...

But walking into the sweet, sweet coolness of the office this morning was like entering Heaven. I will curse the cold in a few months - but right now the chill feels lovely.

Saturday I went for the stupid Glucose Tolerance test. For the uninitiated, this is where you are expected to eat nothing for 12 hours or so, then bitten by a vampire who tests your blood and bottles up the rest, then forced to drink a ghastly orangey-flavored syrup (10 ounces!!!) - and then sit bored for 2 hours until the vampire bites you again, taking 2 vials of the precious red stuff.

Whoever thinks up these "tests" has a Machiavellian sense of humor, methinks.

"Ok, Phil - what can we do to make their lives UTTERLY miserable for a few hours?"

Supposed to make a Dr.'s appointment. Meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home