Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Friday, June 23, 2006

What would YOU do?

Imagine if you will, the following scenario (taken from a REAL incident):

Your sister (brother, father, uncle - pick a relative) asks you to pick up something for them at the store and promises to reimburse you for it. As it so happens, the amount is EXACTLY $100.00 and said relative writes you a check for that amount.

The next day you take this check to the bank and cash it, the cashier gives you the money in a little envelope/packet thing, and you check, see there are 10 bills (10 x 10 = 100) and you drive off.

You realize you are out of aspirin, and stop at the Walgreens to pick up a bottle of aspirins, and hand the clerk one of the bills from the packet. The clerk gives you 97 dollars change.

You protest - the clerk shows you the $100 bill that you just handed her.

You check the packet and discover that you do not have 10 $10 bills, but instead you have 10 $100 bills.

What would you do?



As it happens, I know the woman this happened to. I'm proud to say that my friend was honest - immediately called the bank, and the next day had her mother return the $900 that she had been handed in error. I hope I can say I would do the same. I want to say it - and I hope that I wouldn't go the "too bad, so sad" route.

But...

What would YOU do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home