Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cultural Differences

There was an article on Yahoo yesterday about Saudi women bloggers. It gave some of their websites, and I decided to do a little browsing.

I came across the blog of a woman who calls herself "Jo" - She's 23 yrs. old and lives in Saudi. A very outspoken young lady, one I can identify with for her independent thinking and non-acceptance of the misogynist attitudes of the religious "Sharia" law makers.

In many ways, her liveliness, her attitude, her determination - remind me of Amanda. I'm so glad that I was born here, and that Amanda was as well - where, at least for the time being we enjoy freedom and independence, and do not HAVE to have a man in our lives unless we WANT said man in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home