Saturday, April 01, 2006

Aftershocks

Mom died on Wednesday at about 11:15 or 11:30 a.m.

The end was quiet. One moment she was breathing - the next she was gone. Peaceful, no pain, no fighting or screaming.

The wake was Thursday night. The funeral was Friday. Today I will take the long train ride back to Illinois. Probably won't be lucky, but if I am, Pirate may meet me during my layover in DC. I hope he can. 6 hours is a very long time.

Since it appears from the curt comment from my daughter on the previous post that my Sainted Brother the Lutheran Minister has succeeded in alienating her completely from me, I guess he has "won". I have no idea how she discovered my blog, but It sure does give the rest of the world a window into the dysfunctionality of my family.

I thank the Deity for each and every one of my dear friends who have been with me through this. The internet is certainly an incredible place, when the folks one can meet there become so close, so caring, so supportive - more supportive, more caring, more loving than even those who SHOULD care - family and neighbors.

Without the support and help of my friends, this ability to say good-bye to my Mom wouldn't have been possible. I love you all.

Blessed Be.

No comments: