Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Death's Door - Part II

Her breathing is so very shallow now. I tried to keep pace - it's impossible. One cannot get enough air in the lungs in such a short inhalation in order to support the long exhalation.

They can't get a blood-oxygen reading anymore from the little clip thing. They tried fingers, toes... nada.

We haven't really SLEPT in 72 hours. Dad is not thinking straight, but there is NO WAY that I am letting that man out of my sight until I have to leave on Saturday afternoon.

St. Paul the Lutheran Minister is being bossy, pushy and obnoxious - and it's getting on Dad's nerves as well as mine. Somewhere inside there, Dad relates to me in a different way, on a different level. Dad will accept comforting from me. I can hug him. Paul can't - or wont.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

given these circumstances, i have decided to break my word for 5 seconds. I want you to know that i am ok, and i have heard about this from st. paul as you have called him. i know that she is gone now, and i hope that by reading this you will not continue to bother my mother in law about it. st. paul will keep me updated on family news.
thank you.