Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Monday, September 12, 2005

Decaffeinated

Well, it's been 2 weeks now and I'm trying to stay decaffeinated. The headaches are a bit less, but I've been "cheating" a bit too. Some tea, a few glasses of cola.

I did find a really good diet cola - Decaf Diet Pepsi. Tastes almost exactly like regular Diet Pepsi, which is my drink of choice when I want "pop".

I'm still struggling with the coffee thing. I did find that using a BIT more beans, and setting the coffeemaker to "Strong", I can brew up a pot that tastes something more like coffee. This using Starbucks "Espresso Roast" decaf beans.

I just really do not like 7-up or other lemon-lime drinks all that well, Orange soda is ok once in a while, and root-beer tastes too much like a "dessert" rather than a thirst quencher.

Lemonade is ok, but canned lemonade is crap. I'm spoiled. Every year at the company picnic, our boss hires this lemonade & popcorn wagon to supply drinks & snacks. They make fresh-squozen lemonade right in front of you while you watch. (Juice of 1 lemon, 2 "squirts" of sugary-syrup and fill the glass with water, then shake well...) The stuff is like ambrosia. You'd never want store-bought lemonade again.

Besides, frozen lemonade is just a mixer portion of whisky sours, right?

So I'm feeling pretty darn good about this all, overall. I think cutting back severely before I cut it off entirely is going to work out best. I've had a couple of caffeine-deprivation migraines, but nothing to be over upset over. I'm happy about that.

I also seem to have had a lot less heart-flutters. This is significant. I'm thinking of making a list of "changes" and their effects to bring when I finally manage to get back to a Dr.

I'm feeling a little less stressed and anxious too.

Now if I can just get the rest of my life back in line...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home