Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Falling in Love is Bad for the Heart

Dysrhythmia, I think they called it on that insurance form. Or something of a similar yet less y-ridden spelling. Apparently while everyone else's heart is going "Whoosh, thud - whoosh, thud - whoosh, thud" - mine goes something like "Whoosh, thud, bumpa, bumpa, bumpa, Woosh, thud, " I like to think of it as synchopation. I'm definately marching to a different beat.

That combined with the hypertension (again with the Y's) and Deep Veinous Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, and slightly enlarged heart - I'm a walking advertisement for "Drugs R Us".

So I find myself in a delicate situation. I seem to be falling in love. Unfortunately, the object of my affections is rather unsuitable, for a number of reasons, none of which really needs to be aired just here. Suffice it to say that the entire time/space continuum seems to have aligned itself against our finding that elusive gentle-quiet loving relationship together.

So of course, this causes minor chest pains, the occasional bit of odd cramping in my leg and a strange congestion that I'm not sure if it is related or not. Ok, I'm paranoid as a rule, and can always find the dark cloud surrounding ANY silver lining, but it hurts. Worry is my middle name, so that probably just exacerbates the situation.

I'd have thought nothing of it, but another friend of mine has also become involved in an inappropriate relationship. Hearing my friend discussing shortness of breath, hot flashes and almost passing-out with heart racing and some chest pain - just highlighted for me that maybe this whole "falling in love" thing is - in fact - not real good for one's health.

But.. oh my goddess... it feels so.... wonderful - in between the health thingys...

No comments: