Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Songs to which I do not understand the Lyrics of.

Listening to the "Oldies" station. Because I am.

Song lyrics have always fascinated me. Some of them more so than others. Some of them are supposed to - like "Lookin' out my back door" by CCR and the ghastly "American Pie". I realize this and just enjoy the former and switch stations on the latter.

Today, however, a couple have played that I am confused about, and I realize I've always been confused about them, and I don't think they are SUPPOSED to be confusing.

"Big Old Jet Airliner, Don't carry me too far away. Big old Jet Airliner, 'cause it's here that I've got to stay"

Ok. Why exactly is this singer at the damn AIRPORT if he has to stay where he is?
Moron.

Then there's:

"Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you've been messing around. I'm telling you, Babe, that I don't think it's true, Babe, and even if it is, keep this in mind... {snip} I don't believe it, not for a minute"

Ok. So he doesn't believe it. Not for a MINUTE! He doesn't think it's true! Yet, he feels the need to harangue and threaten her over FOURTH HAND GOSSIP????? Yeah, we can tell how much you love her, you scumbag. No wonder she's cheating.

1 comment:

rauf said...

'I’ve Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart' is the title of a song