Sew's Spot

"Sit up, join up, stir it up, get online, get in touch, find out who's raising hell and join them." Molly Ivins

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Questions I ask and expect no answer

Driving home from work - or driving to work - questions fill my head.

What exactly is the attraction of a "Low-Rider" vehicle? The Chevy S-10 that had been spraypainted dull blue looked like a bar of soap with clown-car wheels going down the road in front of me.

I can understand the attraction of the jacked-up cars - it is NICE to drive a high vehicle, because you can see over everyone else and be sure you're not going to get surprised by someone braking up ahead.

But the whole concept of "low-rider" entirely escapes me. Just looks STUPID.

Had a "honey-do" 4-day weekend last weekend. I took 2 days off work so I could get things done around the house that just NEVER seem to get done. I'm a big one for making lists and then berating myself for not ever finishing all the stuff on them.

So - on the way to work I was wondering if anyone was SO busy, and SO organized that they'd put "masturbate" on their to-do list.

Ok - it IS a stupid question - but I've got a 30 minute commute, and my brain functions in bizarre ways before it has had enough coffee.

145 of 625

4 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Four Dinners said…

    A low rider vehicle is not good over here...we have 'speed humps' and they seem to get stuck on them...

    I've actually seen one rocking back and forth like a beached whale. On eowner tried to sue a council for damages to his 'low rider'...I believe the court said something to the effect of 'Get a life'....

    Masturbation as 'things to do'? And what's wrong with that???...;-)

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Zac said…

    I like the way your mind works.

    And I'm sure there are some guys that set aside time for that.

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger BBC said…

    Low riders are okay on the days you are into low riders and not the days you are onto high riders.

    But I don't live in a big rat race town so both can be cool here, well, at least it's a smaller rat race here.

    And in three days I get to go camping again, yea!!!!

    Lists of things to do? Why bother? At my age if I don't get to them before I die I don't have to frigging do them at all.

    I'll vacuum next year.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Visionary said…

    Hey Billy? Haven't you died yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home