Monday, July 16, 2007

On Stress and Insomnia and the Power of Phoning

Some of you may remember a while back that I got my AC replaced. The thing hadn't worked for several years, and I finally decided to bite the proverbial bullet and get a new one with my tax refund. So I did. It worked GREAT for a few weeks - during the worst of the heatwave, fortunately. Unfortunately it has stopped working.

Now, ordinarily this kind of stress, discovered on a Friday Night would have destroyed my whole weekend, buried me in insomnia from the constant mind-game of "what if it needs replacing again - I can't afford this (duh - warranty, your stupid git!!)- what if it needs replacing again! - I can't afford this - " again and again ad-insomniaeum. <- Yes, I made that word up. Deal with it.

Anyhow.

I've been trying to deal with anger management via this book that Lea sent me that I absolutely find utterly bollocks, because it has this attitude like "what? you're a heroin addict? why.. all you have to do is QUIT" Like its that easy. As if it were like eating toast. Easy to quit eating toast - don't cook the bread!!

Anyhow - despite the fact that the book is bollocks, I've been trying to redirect my thoughts every time I catch myself in the fits of circular thinking or adrenaline-enhanced rage or kvetching about unalterable circumstances. I managed to make it thru the weekend with considerably less episodes than I'd anticipated, and I made the phone call this morning to the guy who installed my AC and he's going to look at it sometime this afternoon.

It had BETTER be warranty.

Oh - and my insurance company sends out the most incomprehensible EOB's I've ever had the misfortune to try and interpret.

Just sayin'

553 days.

2 comments:

BBC said...

It's only been a few months, it should be covered under warranty. Yeah, why get worked up, deal with it as you say.

About ten years ago I took an emotional healing course in Montana, the man was really good and it helped me a lot. I talked about it in one of my old posts but don't recall which one of course, too many leaks in my head. LOL

Have a great day, hugs.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Oh - and my insurance company sends out the most incomprehensible EOB's I've ever had the misfortune to try and interpret.

I'm convinced they do that on purpose. Most people just throw up their hands and pay, that way.