Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Rocket's Red Glare

Ah, the joy of not having to leave home to see a fireworks display. Not only are the township "official" fireworks visible from my window, but some kind soul gave us an "unofficial" (Illegal!!) fireworks display right outside my bedroom window. Until about 2 a.m.

The cats are nervous wrecks. When even Kili will crawl into my lap and demand pets, you know it's bad! Fortunately, they are banned from the bedroom (they chew cords, and I think I have an allergy) - so they weren't on top of me all night as well.

You know, sometimes I feel like Fate doesn't much like me. Susan is up here to visit this weekend - but she has to go back tomorrow so she's home for a Dr. visit on Friday. FRIDAY - which is when Pirates of the Caribbean II comes out. PHOOEY I would have loved to go to that one with her. Guess I'll be solo-ing it again. Oh well. Movie popcorn tastes the same solo or duo. We will probably go out to dinner or something tonite instead. She wanted to go bowling, but I dont' think I could handle that anymore. I'd probably put my back out. Still have the bowling ball somewhere in the garage, though....

I should. I should just go bowling now and again. I like it. I just don't ever do it anymore. So many things I don't do anymore. *sigh*

I just saw on Yahoo that Ken Lay died. Another one I'm having trouble mustering up any real greif over. That man was evil, he destroyed so much with his greed and dishonesty. Ken Lay is one of many that epitomize the abuses the Bush Regime has inflicted on our country. I knew that a Bush presidency was a bad thing before he even stole the first election in 2000. I had no idea it would be THIS bad.

No comments: