Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Be It Resolved:

As this is the last week of 2005, it behooves me as a responsible tradition-keeper (to an extraordinarly low standard) to make a list of the things I will and will not try to do during the coming year.

This list of "resolutions" is an attempt to put my life back at some level of normalcy, and my house in such shape as to not engender fears of an impending visitation from the Dept. of Health & Human Services.

Resolution 1:

As of Midnight on the 31st of December 2005, I will cease and desist from posting or reading on message boards or other media that piss me off. Simply put - I'm gone. I have MUCH better things to do with my time than get angry at some nitwit who wants to live in the dark ages and keep women as chattel.


Resolution 2:

Starting on January 1, 2006 and continuing until such time as all the component parts are completed, I will spend 10 minutes each morning and 10 minutes each evening working on one of the listed "10 minute" items.

Resolution 3:

I will pay off at least 3 of the long-term debts that are plaguing my psyche.

Resolution 4:

In an effort to recover my health and well-being, I will participate in 10 minutes of vigorous exercise daily. The severity of this exercise will increase as my stamina and endurance increases. I can handle 10 minutes, dammit.

Resolution 5:

With reference to the goals of Resolution 4, I will take time to plan meals, purchase foods wisely and provide myself with healthy alternative "finger foods" to keep from noshing on crap. My health is paramount, loss of weight would be nice.

Resolution 6:

I will visit all appropriate physicians as soon as I get the information on our next year's insurance plan.



Ok - that's 1/2 a dozen, and quite enough to start off with. I've begun the "10 minute" list, and it's coming along nicely. Hopefully this can be a year of recovery.

Blessings to all.

No comments: